Note: To comment on a claim, you must have the Writer role or higher. If you have the Suggester role, following the steps below will suggest a comment.
How to Comment on a Claim
To comment on a claim:
- Open the ‘Comments & History’ section of the claim.
- Type your comment within the comment box.
- When finished, click the blue arrow to submit your comment, or press the ‘Enter’ key.
Tip: If commenting to communicate with a specific user, you should mention them in your comment by typing ‘@’ followed by their username to notify them of your comment.
This short video walks through the steps required to comment on a claim, as well as several other key features of a Kialo discussion.
Mentioning Other Claims or Users in Comments
- While commenting on a claim, you can drag a different claim into the comment box to link to it in your comment.
- You can also mention another participant by typing ‘@’, followed by their username.
Tip: If you’re on a mobile or touch-screen device, you may find it easier to click the ‘+’ icon to the left of the comment field to paste the claim from the Kialo Clipboard, or mention another user.