Kialo discussions can be embedded on external websites.
How to Embed a Kialo Discussion
To embed a Kialo discussion:
- Navigate to the discussion you want to embed.
- Click the ‘Share’ button, found in the top-right of the discussion.
- Click ‘Embed Discussion’.
- A popup appears containing two snippets of HTML code – click ‘Copy’ to copy the first option.
- Paste the code into the relevant part of your website.
If the default code snippet does not work for your website, repeat the steps, this time copying the second option.
Note: If a private discussion is embedded, for users to view the discussion, they either need to be signed in to Kialo and invited to the discussion; or a Sharing Link should be enabled to allow everyone viewing the embed to access the discussion.
Tested Compatible Websites
Kialo has been tested with the following websites:
- Google Sites: Kialo discussions can be embedded by selecting ‘Insert’ > ‘Embed’ > ‘Embed Code’, and using the first option.
- Wordpress: Kialo discussions can be embedded by opening the ‘Code Editor’ in the sidebar, and using the second option.
An example embedded discussion is shown below.